- To identify outstanding high school sophomores throughout Wisconsin for being responsible citizens in their community and/or school and provide them with the opportunity and encouragement to recognize their leadership potential.
- We fulfill this mission through an annual 3-day leadership seminar that is provided at no cost to the students or schools. WILS encourages leadership development through emphasis on personal responsibility, service/volunteerism, inclusiveness, and sound decision making.
- Upon completion of the three-day seminar, participants are invited to join the WILS Alumni Association. Through the Alumni Association, they are able to continue on a path that fosters the growth and development of their leadership skills, volunteerism, and community involvement to become successful, responsible contributors to society. Our alumni participate in leadership retreats throughout the year, perform volunteer service, interact with community leaders, and develop relationships with other ambitious individuals. As an organization WILS volunteers over 1,000 hours in our communities each year.
- Congratulations to our 2016 Alumni Association Board! They assumed their new roles at the end of December. Get to know them here.
- The Second Annual Alumni Fundraising Drive raised $6205. Thank you so much to everyone who was able to make a donation.
- Congratulations to our 2015 WILS Alumni Scholarship recipients – Maxwell Herbert (Kendall College), Susan Melk (UW-Madison), Jacqueline Schaefer (UW-Whitewater), and Veronica Shaw (UW-Madison)!
- WILS was featured in 4imprint’s Spring Issue of Amplify. Read the story here.
- WILS is involved with a number of programs that allow you to support WILS with donations through purchases you are already making –there are no extra items to purchase and no cost to you! Let the money you are already spending work for you to sponsor more young leaders to attend WILS. Visit our Donate page for more information on the various programs!