SEMINAR DATES: Friday, June 14 through Sunday, June 16, 2019
SEMINAR LOCATION: Carroll University in Waukesha, WI.
CHECK IN: Friday, June, 14th; exact time TBD, approximately 7-8am. Early check in on Thursday night will be available, exact time TBD. More information about check in times and location will be published in the spring.
CHECK OUT: Sunday, June 16th, exact time TBD; approximately 2pm.
IMPORTANT TIMES FOR PARENT EVENTS: We will be hosting a Parent Brunch and Information Session along with a closing ceremony on Sunday, June 16th. Exact times and locations will be published in the spring.
TRANSPORTATION: Each student leader, along with their parents, is responsible for their own transportation to and from Carroll University. We will collect all car keys from participants as they check-in for the seminar if they drive themselves. Keys will be returned to the student upon check out.
CAR POOLING: If you need assistance with transportation to or from the seminar, please contact our Director of Transportation, at Transportation@wils.us. We will help you contact other students in your area to arrange for a car pool.
ITEMS TO BRING:
- You must bring your own linens: twin bed sheets or a sleeping bag, a pillow
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, deodorant)
- Clothing – see below for suggested attire
- Sunscreen and a refillable water bottle as some activities take place outdoors
- A fan is suggested (the residence halls are not air conditioned)
- If you plan to perform in the talent show, please bring any necessary items (instrument, music/CD, sheet music).
WEEKEND ATTIRE: Dress will be casual throughout the seminar except for Sunday, which is a dress up day. Appropriate Sunday attire would be dress pants, collared/dress shirt (polo or dress shirt – suits and ties are not required), dress, or skirt.
For the rest of the weekend:
- Shorts are perfectly acceptable!
- You may want a pair of flip flops to wear around the residence hall at night and in the shower.
- We will be in air-conditioned areas for much of the seminar so you may want a light jacket or sweatshirt.
- There is a Hawaiian themed dance on Friday night! Please bring your favorite Hawaiian shirt or other appropriate attire!
- Please bring one set of outside work clothes (pants and closed toed shoes). Some of our volunteer activities may get you a little bit dirty.
CELL PHONES: WILS is designed to be a personally interactive experience so we have a strict cell phone policy. Aside from use in your room at night, cell phone use during seminar activities is prohibited. Emergency numbers are provided in registration materials if your parents need to contact you during the day.
MONEY: Although the entire seminar is paid for by donations, you may want to bring some money for items that the WILS Alumni Association will be selling like t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. These are excellent keepsakes! Vending machines are also available for late night snacks.
CONTACT EMAIL: Hailey Erdman & Sonja Weiskircher, Seminar Co-Chairs, SeminarChair@wils.us